BT NTE5A Type Socket (Unbranded)
PRODUCT CODE: SMBTNTE5
Latest version that features the filter on the bell wire circuit for IMPROVED ADSL/ & VDSL performance & WITHOUT 26A surge arrestor which can further IMPROVE ADSL & VDSL speeds! Manufactured to BT specification D2902 and BS6312. The sockets are BABT approved to no. NS/2197/123/600001.
NTE5A type master socket, as previously installed by BT Openreach (now replaced by the NTE5C master socket). Equiped with a "test socket" it allows easy testing of the BT network, simply remove the lower front plate to isolate any internal wiring & plug a phone/router into the test socket. Wiring is via IDC terminals, on the rear these connect to the incoming BT line, on the front faceplate these connect to internal telephone extension wiring. Supplied as three pieces (22mm back box, rear faceplate with test socket & lower front faceplate with integrated bell wire filter) complete with screws & cable ties. The 22mm back box can be discarded if flush mounting, the socket fits any standard single gang box. Dimensions (L) 85mm x (W) 85mm x (H) 35.5mm.
For ADSL/VDSL installations the lower half of the front faceplate (as pictured below) can be replaced with a filtered faceplate such as the VTE2015, this will give the same benefits of the bell wire filter with the addition of centralised ADSL/VDSL filtering. (Note, these are known as Service Specific Faceplates (SSFPs).
Moulding for the bell wire filter, note this does not guarantee your current socket has the filter!
Bell wire inductor fitted to the PCB.
Lower front faceplate removed to reveal the test socket.
- Moulded from V0 rated material colour matched to BT 1P white.
- 2 way IDC connection of incoming network operator’s wiring (LSA style.)
- Standard linetest and ringing components provided.
- 401A Test socket to verify network wiring is good.
- 601A socket for customer’s equipment connection.
- 3 way IDC connector for onward distribution of customer’s wiring (LSA style).
- Provides clear demarcation point between network and customer wiring.
- Can be surface mounted (with backbox) or flush mounted.
- Bellwire filter provided.
- Will accept other Service Specific Frontplates (SSFPs).